Vegan or not you will love this creamy and rich Zucchini With Coconut Cream Soup. It is a very easy to make and comforting soup that is filling and delicious.
Zucchini With Coconut Cream Soup
- 4 cups zucchini (2 medium, grated)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 red pepper (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves (minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic and red pepper until translucent.
- Turn the heat a little higher, add the zucchini and mint leaves and cook until the zucchini starts to soften. Add a bit more coconut oil if necessary.
- Add the coconut milk and broth and simmer until the zucchini has softened.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and mix until smooth. Season to taste.
- Transfer back to the pot and heat to your preferred temperature.
- Ladel into bowls and garnish.
When purchasing Coconut Milk (sometimes called Coconut Cream) look for the highest fat content you can find.
Here’s a fabulous choice from Amazon. Be sure to stock up.
This links directly to the 12 packs of 8.5 ounces each (1 cup), which is often the perfect size for a recipe. You can also get 33.5 ounce packs.