This easy to make White Fish Curry Soup is mildly spiced with curry seasonings. It makes the perfect dish for a cold fall or winter day. It is low-carb, slow-carb, Diabetic and Keto … and gluten-free.
You can use any firm white fish including tilapia, cod, bass, grouper, haddock, catfish, and snapper.
Garnish the soup bowls with a small handful of thinly sliced (lengthwise) green onions or spiralized zucchini (thin noodles).
White Fish Curry Soup
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1/2 fresh red bell pepper (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (1 can)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 green onions (sliced thinly lengthwise)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the curry paste and continue cooking for one minute.
- Add the coconut milk, and the chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the fish into chunks (tablespoon sized). Add the fish chunks to the soup. Cover and simmer on medium heat until the fish is cooked through.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with your choice of green onions, bean sprouts, or zucchini noodles.
- Sprinkle lime juice over the soup and serve.
You can change the taste of this soup by using either red, green or yellow curry pastes. They are ALL delicious, with subtle differences.