A traditional Thai Coconut Soup that is delicious, satisfying and rich in flavor and in healthy fats. This makes a perfect low-carb lunch.
Thai Coconut With Mushrooms Soup
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 5 cilantro sprigs (washed and chopped)
- 3 stalks lemongrass (pounded)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 2 chilis (red or green)
- 2 inches ginger (peeled and pounded)
- 2 tbsp sweetener mix
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Place the coconut milk, water,cilantro sprigs, lemongrass, shallots, chilies, galangal or ginger, sweetener,mix lime leaves and garlic in a pan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the soup into another pan and discard all solids.
- Saute the mushrooms over high heat until they are slightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms, lime juice and fish sauce to the coconut milk stock.
- If you want the soup to be thinner you can add a little water.
- Bring the soup to a light simmer again until heated.
- Season to taste and serve topped with a few cilantro leaves
Here is my favorite brand, because it has a high fat content. You can often find this at your favorite Asian market or at Amazon.AROY-D Coconut Milk 14 Oz Can (Pack of 6)
Here’s the recipe for the Sweetener Mix …
OR use Swerve …