This fabulous Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is simple and easy to make. It will be ready to serve in 15 minutes. Your friends and family will love it and won’t even notice the absence of sugar.
In addition to using this as a sauce on turkey or chicken, I also use the sauce as an appetizer. Slather a cracker with cream cheese and add a dollop of the sauce. Delicious!
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- small ladle
- 3 cups cranberries (12 ounce bag)
- 1 cup Sweetener Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp orange zest (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wash cranberries, and pick through to remove mushy or brown ones.
- Put in a pot with the rest of the ingredients. With the stove on medium-high, bring to a boil. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- The cranberries will pop open creating a nice lumpy sauce. This takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve in a pretty bowl with a tablespoon sized ladle.
I’ve made this using only Pure White Stevia Concentrate, but you have to be very careful. Start with 3/4 tsp, taste and add tiny increments more until you are happy with the tart/sweet taste.
I much prefer the Sweetener Blend below.
- Put the ingredients in a small bowl and stir 5 or 6 times. This is especially important if you are using the blend that includes STEVIA ... you want to distribute that one teaspoon throughout the other ingredients.
- Add the ingredients in a spice blender, coffee blender, Ninja or NutriBullet type blender.
Give it a buzz for about 30 seconds. You are looking for a fine sugar like consistency … not quite as fine as icing sugar.
- Store in a glass jar with an air tight lid.
Here are some fabulous Low Carb Thanksgiving Recipes for a Thanksgiving feast, buffet or potluck.