This is a quick and easy way to make your own semi-custom sausage patties. Simply start with some pre-mixed sausage meat and add your own ingredients from there.
Your starting point for these Spicy Sausage Patties can be regular sausages, maple or BBQ flavored, or spicy hot sausage meat.
In this version we’ve used a grated carrot, onion and chili powder. You can totally change the taste and look with minced red peppers, chopped basil and oregano.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and mix it up a bit each time you make these.
Spicy Sausage Patties
- 6 sausages (large)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 onion (small)
- 2 tsp chili powder (optional and to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- Remove the skin from the sausages and place the meat in a bowl.
- Grate the carrot, mince the onion and add to the bowl. Add the chili powder and if necessary a bit of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Just get in there with your hands and squeeze the sausage mix through your fingers. ***Check the package ingredients, if salt and/or pepper are listed, don’t add extra seasonings.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Form small (slider sized) patties and place them in the hot oil.
- Cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve the patties hot or warm.
- Garnish with cilantro OR flat parsley leaves.
- Serve as is, or with a low-carb dipping sauce.
These Breakfast Brunch Recipes are sure to please your family or a small brunch gathering. The big bonus is … they are all low carb!
Chili Powder Seasoning Mix
A few months ago I invited some of my spice loving friends over for a HOT potluck brunch. I used this Chipotle spice seasoning to up the challenge! LOL we had hot eggs, hot sausage patties and even hot candied bacon.