Roasted cauliflower is great on its own, but combine it with a bit of curry powder and you have a mild and lovely flavored dish that can accompany any Indian meal. It is the perfect side dish for sauteed chicken or fish.
I love “spicy hot” so I add a few dashes of Cayenne pepper which adds another dimension to this easy to make dish.
Great for these diets: Keto, Paleo, and any Low-Carb diet.
Roasted Coconut Cauliflower
- Baking Pan
- Preheat over to 400F
- Cut cauliflower into medium pieces
- Beat egg whites until frothy and stiff,
- Mix coconut, curry powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Toss the cauliflower first in the egg white and then with the coconut spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn the pieces and roast for another 10 minutes or until done.
NOTE: The flakes are a bit too big so I measure out 3/4 of a cup and then chop the flakes into a finer “shred.” Works perfectly!
Here’s my favorite brand … at a good price.
Find out more about desiccated or flaked coconut HERE.