This piquant Red Cabbage and Pecan Slaw is perfect on any buffet or dinner table. It is bright and colorful with great crunch and a little hidden “hum” from the Chilpotle Chile.
Low-carb, Slow Carb and Diabetic.
Red Cabbage And Pecan Slaw
- 6 cups red cabbage (shredded)
- 4 carrots (shredded)
- 1 crisp apple (Fuji, Granny Smith) (thinly sliced with or without skin)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup pecans
(toasted and chopped)
- parsley sprigs (for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp liquid Stevia
- 1 tsp Chipotle powder (to taste)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (virgin)
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- Over low heat, toast the pecans in a small pan, until slightly browned. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- In a blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients except the oil.
- Turn the blender on low, and slowly drizzle the oil as you combine the ingredients.. Process until creamy.
- In a beautiful serving bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 the the dressing over top and toss all of the ingredients together. Add more dressing if desired and toss again. Garnish with sprigs of parsley
Be sure to check out this buffet worthy Italian Tomato Basil Salad
A good quality Mandoline can cut your prep time in half. You get beautifully shredded cabbage and carrots and thinly sliced apples. Perfect!
If you’ve never seen a Mandoline slicer in action, watch this!