This delicious, spicy and Low Carb Mediterranean Frittata can be easily customized to your tastes with different vegetables. herbs and garnishes. The only MUST in the recipe is the Spanish Chorizo which can be obtained at most delis.
Low Carb Mediterranean Frittata
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 chorizo links (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 2 red bell peppers (cored and sliced)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional and to taste)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a skillet and stir in the Chorizo. Cook the sausage for 2 minutes, then add the red pepper and onion slices. Saute on medium heat until softened.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper and cayenne.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetable/sausage mix.
- Lower the heat, cover the skillet with a lid cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn your oven broiler on.
- When the fritatta is cooked through, remove the cover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Put under the broiler for one or two minutes until the cheese has melted and slightly browned
- Remove from oven and garnish with thin slices of red pepper and shopped green onions. Serve.
Be sure to check out more low-carb brunch recipes
Cast Iron Skillet