If you love a fruity and creamy ice cream that is healthy and sugar-free, this Keto Strawberry Ice Cream is for you. This will become one of your favorite ice cream flavors for all ages. You don’t need to wait for summer to create this recipe, because frozen strawberries are available year round. All you need is a few ingredients, a blender, and an ice cream maker. You will LOVE it.
Low-Carb Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
- Over low heat, add the erythritol and cream and stir until dissolved. Bring to a simmer for a few seconds before taking off the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the eggs. Pour into a blender
- Pulse the blender a few times until the strawberries are chopped. Add the eggs and blend on high until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Churn according to your ice cream maker instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost ready, add the 1/2 cup strawberry chunks and evenly distribute them before scooping the ice cream mix into a freezer container.
- If you are impatient, you can eat as a soft ice cream or let harden for an hour or more for a thicker frozen ice cream.
What on earth is Xanthan Gum and why is it needed in ice cream?
Xanthan Gum is used to thicken and stabilize various emulsions. In ice cream it is used to enhance the “mouthfeel, and helps create a rich and creamy ice cream. It also helps prevent ice crystals from forming when the ice cream is hardening in the freezer.
Here’s a great choice …
Looking for an ice cream maker? Check out my top choice here …
Be sure to also check out this Ice Cream Maker Review