Amazingly simple to make, this filling Low-carb Ham and Cheese Omelet will hit the spot for breakfast or lunch. Serve some fresh salad greens on the side and you have a perfect Keto or Low Carb meal. Low-Carb, Keto, Slow Carb, Diabetic.
Low Carb Ham and Cheese Omelet
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 oz ham (slice into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the butter in an 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well beaten.
- Whisk in 2 tbsp of milk, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet.
- Tilt the pan to evenly distribute the eggs.
- When the eggs started to bubble, pull the edges into the middle and tilt the pan to fill in the edges.
- While the middle is still a little runny, sprinkle the ham, cheese, and onions over top.
- With your spatula fold the omelet in half, then remove from the skillet, cut in half and serve.
A heavy duty cast iron skillet will last you a lifetime. This one comes with a cover, a hot handle holder AND a cookbook.
Want more leftover ham recipes? Low-Carb Leftover Ham Recipes