These Keto Perfect Guacamole Stuffed Eggs are perfect for snacking, game days or holiday buffet tables. They are filled with bacon bits and creamy avocado and fresh chopped cilantro and the taste is brightened with lime juice. You’ll find yourself making a batch of these just for regular day snacking!
If you have any left over filling, make a bacon-guac sandwich for your kids.
Keto Perfect Guacamole Stuffed Eggs
- 6 large eggs (hard boiled)
- 2 bacon slices (finely chopped)
- 1 medium ripe avocado (mashed)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp onion (minced)
- 1/8 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Fry the bacon slices until browned and crisp. Chop into very small pieces.
- Peel eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove egg yolk from halved eggs and place the yolks in a small mixing bowl.
- Add ripe avocado, minced onion, lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Spoon the avocado mixture into the eggs.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro ... OR sprinkle with a bit of paprika.
After buying some bacon bits ONCE, I would never buy them again after looking at the list of ingredients. There were so many chemicals involved it was more than alarming … the worst part was, I actually couldn’t find the word “bacon.”
I am fully aware that any bacon has loads of salt and chemicals, but to call something bacon bits and have no bacon in it is beyond my level of tolerance.
I DO however buy pre-cooked bacon slices, it saves gobs of time and money when all you need is one or two slices. Yup, chemicals are involved, but at least they start with real bacon.
When I am cooking up a big mess of bacon, I definitely buy a raw pack and cook them up myself. I’ll save a bit of money by putting aside a few cooked slices — wrapped and in the freezer.
If you have a Costco membership, check to see if your local warehouse stocks their brand of pre-cooked bacon. I’m pretty sure they are a bit cheaper than these ones …
I am usually NOT a fan of one-function appliances, BUT this egg cooker is brilliant. It is small and easy to store, makes perfect hard boiled eggs and is absolutely brilliant at making perfect poached eggs.
Curious about what chemicals are found in bacon? Here’s a fabulous article that gives you the good, bad and the ugly … Is Bacon Bad for You, or Good? The Salty, Crunchy Truth
If you are on a Keto Diet, eggs are brilliant … they are filled with protein, they are easy and fast to prepare AND, they are cheap! Check these recipes out … Low Carb – Keto Eggs