These delicious and tender Juicy Keto Meatballs, are so good everyone wants a second round. You can use the meatballs with any low-carb sauce for a main meal, or you can use as snacks or appetizers with a dipping sauce.
I make them in large batches, use one batch right away and then package the rest in small freezer grade zip lock bags. I thaw them while making a sauce or dip and then microwave them for one minute or so to heat them up.
Juicy Keto Meatballs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (finely minced)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup pork rinds (finely crushed)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and gentry saute until the onions start to turn brown. Let cool.
- While the onion is cooking and cooling, put the ground beef and pork together into a small bowl. Sprinkle with one teaspoon baking soda and then mix everything together with your hands. Let sit for 20 - 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the ground meats, crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, egg, cooked onions, salt, and pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Using your hands, mix everything together until thoroughly incorporated. Form into golf ball sized balls.
- To bake: Heat oven to 350, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake until cooked through Turn every 3 to 4 minutes.To fry: Add one tablespoon neutral cooking oil to a heavy pan and fry until browned. Roll the balls over every 3 - 4 minutes so that they fry evenly.
- Place the cooked meatballs on paper towels to drain. If adding a sauce, heat up the marinara, add back the meatballs and mix gently before serving.
- If you are freezing your meatball bounty, let them totally cool. Put in your refrigerator for 30 - 60 minutes to cool further. When they are cold, put into freezer grade plastic bags, label and put into your freezer.
- Serve with a low-carb tomato or cream based sauce, on a bed of zoodles (zucchini noodles) or on a bed of ZERO CARB RICE.
See why I consider Pork Rinds to be one of my top five Keto rescue foods.
Freezer Grade Storage Bags
If you are just freezing something for a week or so, regular zip bags will do the trick. If you plan on freezing enough bounty to last for a month or more make sure you use FREEZER grade bags. They are heavier than the normal ones and help protect your food from freezer burn.