This Grilled Curry-Marinated Flank Steak will be sure to get rave reviews at your next barbecue party. Your family and friends will devour this recipe and ask for more.
Grilled Flank Steak Salad With A Touch Of Curry
- 1 pound flank steak
- 6 cups lettuce (torn)
- 1/2 cup shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup basil leaves (sliced into ribbons)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (divided)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp liquid Stevia
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsps curry paste
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, whisk to combine or place in a glass jar and shake until blended. Divide in half.
- Place steak into a large zip-lock bag and add half the marinade. Let sit overnight or for at least one hour. Flip the bag over every few hours.
- Mix the salad ingredients: lettuce combination of your choice, sliced shallots and ribboned basil.
- Oil the grill and then add the steak. Grill until until nicely browned, and let it rest out of the heat for 10 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- Toss the beef slices with lettuce, shallots, basil and the other half of the marinade.
In a pinch you could make a curry paste with a tablespoon of dry curry powder mixed with a few drops of water … BUT a good curry paste is much superior in taste.
There are three different kinds of curry pastes … green, yellow and red. I much prefer the red curry paste with a tiny bit of heat for this beef steak salad.
I really like the Thai Kitchen brand for all their products. This red curry paste is not overly hot and can be used in all sorts of stews and soups to add flavor.