Image courtesy of https://www.lifesambrosia.com
Zucchini noodles are one of the best things that have happened to low-carb and Keto diets. The noodles have a nice consistency that is similar to spaghetti and noodle pastas … without the heavy carb load.
This Fresh Zucchini Noodle Salad is light and fresh, and easy to make. The noodles are fun and will delight even your veggy picky kids.
You can easily double or triple this recipe if you are hosting a buffet table or bringing a salad to a pot luck.
Low Carb, Slow Carb, Diabetic and delicious!
Fresh Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional and to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 medium avocado (diced)
- 1/2 onion (very thinly sliced)
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil and chili powder together in a food processor and process until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using your Spiralizer, create zucchini noodles, or spirals, OR use a sharp potato peeler to create flat zucchini noodles.
- Place zucchini, tomatoes and onion together in a bowl. Sprinkle dressing over the salad and toss. Refrigerate .
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Add the avocado chunks and toss to mix.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of basil.
Here is a fabulously EASY way to dice or cube an avocado. It takes less than a minute … so in this recipe when you take the salad out of the refrigerator, you will have more than enought time to cube and add the avacado(s) to your salad bowl.
If you are on any kind of low carb diet, including Slow Carb, Keto or Diabetic versions, I’m going to encourage you to get yourself a good quality, sturdy spiralizer. It’s not only fun, it will help you get past your “pasta” cravings … and your food will look GREAT. Get your kids involved, they will actually fight over who’s going to do the veggie prep and, they will actually EAT what they make!
Here are just a few examples of what you can do with a Spiralizer and a zucchini …
.Be sure to look at this selection of Zoodle (Zucchini Noodle Recipes