These Fluffy Baked Eggs are not only fun and delicious, but are a easy way to create a great brunch dish in a hurry. Create an infinite number of variations by changing the herbs, spices, cheeses and meat combinations.
Fluffy Baked Eggs
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella (grated)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (grated)
- 1 tbsp Chives (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 4 Bacon slices (cooked until crisp)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat over to 35O°F. Line a baking pan with parchment.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Fold bacon pieces, chopped chives and cilantro into the whipped whites very gently.
- Spoon the egg white mixture into four heaps on the baking pan.
- Using a spoon, form a small well in the center of each egg white heap. Carefully drop an egg yolk into the center of each egg white heap.
- Carefully sprinkle the cheeses overtop.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 35O°F for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with extra chives and cilantro, and serve immediately.
Not sure about beating egg whites? When should you keep going? When are they done? The folks at Good Housekeeping have a nice short video showing you everything you need to know.
Here are a dozen more fabulous Low Carb – Keto Eggs
I normally just heap the egg white mixture onto my baking pan. BUT if you love perfect circles, check these out …