This is a fabulously easy, fast and versatile shrimp salad. You can start with cooked shrimp straight from the grocery aisle, or get ambitious and grill your own until slightly charred.
I normally eat this salad 3 or 4 days in a row, so I grill up two or more pounds at the same time, throw the grilled shrimp into a ziplock bag along with the marinade and let sit until I am throwing the salad together.
The shrimp are place on a bed of lettuce or micro greens. Mix it up from day to day or prep a giant ziplock bag of greens at the beginning of the week.
This salad is great for any Low-Carb diet including: Keto, Slow Carb, THM, and more.
Easy Shrimp Salad
- ½ lb cooked shrimp
- 1 tbps fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbps lemon juice
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 avocado
- 3 cups romaine lettuce OR your favorite greens
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimps, tarragon, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and
Tabasco sauce and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and gently scoop the meat out of the
shell using a tablespoon. If possible try to get the whole half out in one chunk. Slice each avocado half into thin slices.
- Tear or chop your choice of lettuce and greens. Arrange on a plate, or in a bowl. Add the shrimp mixture and arrange the sliced avacado over top the bed of greens.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon or lime.