These delicious Coconut Macaroons are amazing and will help you stick to your low-carb or Keto Diet. They are easy to prepare and bake in less than 30 minutes. They are very soft and chewy with a nice hint of sweetness. Your kids will love them too! . Sugar-free and gluten-free with ONLY 1 NET carb per cookie.
- 2 cups coconut (shredded)
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp sweetener blend (or swerve, or erythritol)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325F/165C.
- Whisk the egg whites with the sweetener blend, lemon zest, vanilla and salt until frothy.
- Add in coconut and stir until it is well coated by the egg white mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make small mounds of the mixture, approximately the size of a large tablespoon.
- Bake until the cookies are golden, about 15-20 minutes.
Coconut Shreds or Flakes
I love these coconut flakes and make my own “shreds” by measuring out about 2 and 1/2 cups and then chopping them into finer bits. They are perfect for this recipe and are cheaper than the long skinny shreds.