This moist and creamy omelet is simple to cook and is unbelievably yummy! Bacon has the power power to transform every recipe it is used in, including this one.
The bacon is a MUST, but you can feel free to change the herbs to whatever fresh herbs or greens you have handy … fresh parsley, basil, oregano, and dill. Or add a bit of green scallions, spinach or sorrel.
Once you get the technique of making an omelette down pat, you can conjure up a spectacular looking and tasting breakfast, brunch or lunch in minutes.
Bacon And Chives Omelette
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 slices Bacon (chopped)
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 tbsp Chopped chives (or chopped scallion greens)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat a skillet on a medium burner.
- Stir in the bacon and cook until crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs with sour cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Cook the omelet on one side then carefully flip it over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve the omelet while hot.
Cast Iron Skillet: