GOOD knives are a kitchen essential. Knives are so essential that good chefs carry their knife sets with them. They don’t allow anyone else to use them. They don’t allow their knives near a dishwasher. When they go home their knives go with them.
These knives were endorsed by Cooks Illustrated. While they are not the best in the world, they are REALLY GOOD and at a very impressive price point. If you can’t afford a thousand bucks or more for a set of knives, get this set.
If you can only afford ONE knife … get this 8-inch chef’s knife (2nd one in the illustration).
If you want more consider this Victorinox Swiss Classic 22-Piece Cutlery Block Set it will set you up for life!
Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set with Fibrox Handles
Victorinox Cutlery is the knife of choice for professionals and consistently receives high accolades in product testing.
This “best-in-class” commercial grade cutlery is now available for home use.
Victorinox knives feature high carbon, stainless steel blades, hand finished at Victorinox in Switzerland by skilled craftsmen. A special tempering process is used to produce an edge that can be resharpened over and over again, so the knife can keep its original sharpness throughout the entire life of the blade. Victorinox handles are ergonomically designed to minimize wrist tension.
They provide a natural fit. A good heft and comfortable, positive grip are indications of a well-made knife. A sure-grip handle with a finger guard is valuable feature since the handle inevitably gets greasy, wet, or both. Although cutlery steel is naturally sanitary, materials and construction details of the handle minimize crevices what would offer hospitality to bacteria. Patented, NSF approved Fibrox handles.
- Set includes an 8-inch chef’s knife, a 10-1/4-inch bread knife, a 6-inch chef/utility knife, and a 4-inch paring knife
- High carbon stainless-steel blade provides maximum sharpness and edge retention; conical ground through length and depth for a wider break point
- Blade stamped from cold-rolled steel; bolsterless edge for use of entire blade and ease of sharpening; ice tempered to sustain sharpness longer
- Handles are textured, slip resistant, and ergonomically designed for balance and comfort
- “Best-in-class” commercial grade cutlery is the knife of choice for professionals
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Keep your knives sharp with the Victorinox Swiss Classic 10″ Sharpening Steel